METRO Cash & Carry Ukraine has become the first retail company in the market which successfully accomplished the certification audit in accordance with the quality standard ISO 22000:2005 «Food Safety management systems. Requirements for any organization in the food chain».
The certificate for food safety standard ISO 22000:2005 received by METRO Petrivka Store and the Stores Support Office MCC UA, specifies requirements for a food safety management system where an organization in the food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption.
The area of the certification in METRO includes the following processes and goods:
- Wholesale food products and beverages (non-alcoholic and alcoholic).
- Cutting meat and production of chilled products of meat semi-finished products (natural, chopped, in marinades, and spices).
- Cutting fish and fish products.
- Cutting, slicing, and packing of cheeses and cheese products.
- Packing of fruits and vegetables.
- Defrosting and baking of bakery products.
- Provision of services for delivery of ambient, stable, chilled and frozen food and beverages.
- Storage of food and beverages (non-alcoholic and alcoholic).